Berwickshire News and General Advertiser – Second King’s Own Scottish Borderers arrive at Stobs
19 May 1908
Five companies of the Second King’s Own Scottish Borderers have moved from Glasgow to camp at Stobs for their annual course of field training. The troops numbered 363 NCOs and men under the command of Lieutenant-Colonel G De W Verner, with the other field officers being Major W D Sellers, and Captain and Adjutant P A V Stewart. Troops arrived by special train. The total strength of the Regiment is close to 500 who will remain at Stobs for musketry practice for approximately three months. A draft of 16 recruits from Berwick-upon-Tweed depot, the first since the Home battalion went under canvas, will leave for Stobs on the 27th May.